Tribute to My Darling AtthAmma (1926- 2008)

Last Monday at around 7.30 am my beloved grandmother or as me and everyone used to call her our AtthAmma passed away.. you might remember how I used to tell that she was not well during the past few months and last Monday it reached the end. Luckily for her and to everyone all her children were there with her even our uncle ( her son) Germany was in Sri Lanka has he came around 2 weeks back to visit her and see her.. It was a peaceful death.. I got to saw her breathing her last breath and it was in a way really shocking and difficult to see... My Sister and my Mom started crying and as tears rolled down their eyes I was still in shock and couldn't believe she was gone as she was perfectly all right during the weekend.

I didn't cry in the Morning but when I went to light up the lamp to Lord Buddha tears fell down like water from my eyes as I couldn't ask him to cure my Atthamma again.. and make her feel better.. it was difficult and it was really heartbreaking...

I was also sad that Malli wasn't here .. he didn't get to see Atthamma for one last time.. still in a way he saw her smiling when he said goodbye to her before he went to USA so he will remember her smiling face rather than what we saw during Monday Morning and after...

On a good note.. She had a grand funeral.. She chose the perfect day to say good bye a Poya Day which symbolizes her devotion to Buddhism. A lot of people from all over the island came to visit her and she was really pretty too in her favorite white Saree and pebble necklace...

I was really heartbroken during all 3 days and everyone told me not to cry cos My sister and mother was crying all the time and they will cry more if they see me crying too. I hid my tears till the last moment but when she was put in 2 the morchery I couldn't control myself anymore... and I cried as much as I can to take my pain away... and it worked at least for a little while...

As the sun went down on that day I was beginning to feel a bit happy knowing the fact that she lived 83 magical years.. giving love to her children her grand children her great grand children and all her relatives and friends.. she was a role model to me malli and nangi and she lived most of her old days with us giving us her blessings teaching us all the good things making us devoted to our religion and a whole lot more .. we felt that we had 2 mothers and now Its just our mom and she won't be there anymore =(

I will end this post with the following tribute..

The Sun is not shining anymore
The Birds are not singing anymore
Everything around is dark and gloom

You came to me like a shining light
Stayed with me from the day I was born
Everything is not the same since you are gone

Dear Atthamma you are the best Grandma
I ever had and will ever have

You might have left me today
Leaving me in pain,
But I know that you are still there

Your smile your eyes
your touch and your light

Its the strength and Joy
All of us had


Hope you attain Nibbana
Rest in Peace Forever

Dear Atthamma..
I will never forget you !!!



RIP !!!!

XOXO !!

~Peace~




add to del.icio.us saved by 0 users


2 comments:

  Lady divine

7:35 AM

My deepest sympathies...
May she rest in peace...
You seem to be very fond of her.. I'm sure she's gone to a much better place...:) She deserves it..

Take care
*hugs*

  Mr.Pitbull

8:16 PM

Thank You Lady D
Yeah I am sure she is in a better place now and giving her blessings to everyone..

She was a great soul will miss her a lot and I as I said in the post
I will never forget her ..

~Peace~

 
Creative Commons License
Building My Brand by Chamindra Hettitantirige is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at chamindra.blogspot.com.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at http://chamindra.blogspot.com/.